Saturday, June 4, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites


I got this recipe off of a food blog I found on food gawker. The instant I saw those pretzel glamor shots I just KNEW I had to make these. Let me tell you, they are amazing. Equally as addicting as muddy buddies slash puppy chow (whatever you like to call it). It's somewhat labor intensive and a bit messy, but it's totally worth it. I actually think it's less messy than making muddy buddies, but be ready to get your hands dirty (and your kitchen)!


I found this recipe on a blog called 17 and Baking


Ingredients 
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
2/3 cup powdered sugar (plus 2ish tablespoons if it isn't thick enough)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Pretzels
2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions: 
Basically all you do is blend the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth and thick. Then scoop out slightly larger than teaspoon sized clumps of the peanut butter mixture and roll them into balls. Sandwich the peanut butter between two pretzels and continue until there is no mixture left. Freeze them for at least and hour so they don't melt when you dip them into the hot chocolate. 
Melt the chocolate chips in either the microwave or a double boiler. Dip the peanut butter sandwiches into the chocolate and place them on a cookie sheet covered in tin foil. Place the dipped pretzel bites in the freezer for at least and hour, then transfer then to the fridge. When the chocolate looks pretty hard, you can take then out and keep them at room temperature from then on. I like to transfer from the freezer to the fridge first because it prevents the chocolate from getting sweaty and it makes them harden faster. 

**The only thing I would add is to not leave the finished pretzels in the fridge for more than a day. Even though they are still delicious, the pretzels lose some of their crunch. I recommend storing them in an airtight container like a tin can. (tin is generally better at keeping things fresh than plastic)

No comments:

Post a Comment