Sunday, April 15, 2012

Honey Baked Chicken Thighs with Parmesan Crusted Asparagus


I have been so lazy recently. I just have zero motivation to do anything.  TV bores me, I’ve surfed every online shopping site I can think of (x2), and when I try to take a nap, I can’t sleep. It’s complete agony. Basically, I have the worst case of spring fever, and I have no idea what to do about it. Next weekend I plan on going shopping with some of my friends though at this incredible mall that’s 45 minutes away. It’s probably not that incredible compared to what a lot of people are used to, but considering locations like lakeside or even Alamance Crossing, this place is pretty nice. Not to mention its conveniently far from campus, has an really pretty outdoor component, a Panera, a movie theater and, most importantly, an Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, Nordstrom , Gap, J.Crew, and Banana.  It’s basically a little slice of heaven. Just thinking about it proves this is exactly what I need to get out of this funk.

I have been cooking quite a bit though which is good. It’s the only thing I can actually motivate myself to do. It’s the blogging part where I fall short. In the past few days I’ve made the NY times chocolate chip cookies, a delicious spaghetti squash (but the pictures didn’t look very appetizing so I probably won’t post them), banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, homemade waffles ,quesadillas, and the chicken and asparagus from this post. And now that I see the list, I can actually see how lazy I have been about the blogging. The problem is, the more I let it build up on my camera, the longer it takes to edit the pictures, and thus the more work I have for myself. Oh well! Hopefully over the summer I’ll be a lot better about it because I’ll have a little more free time….

Anyway, this chicken is SO GOOD! It’s so moist and tender and of course super easy to make. The hardest part is waiting 40 minutes for it to bake when you are already starving…Chicken thighs are also a lot cheaper than breasts and they are extremely versatile. I used one less than $5 package of thighs to make the quesadillas, the spaghetti squash and this dinner for both me AND my roommate. Pretty impressive – and surprisingly college friendly (I mean, Fontina, American and fresh parm in one recipe? Not exactly cheap to say the least…) 


Honey Baked Chicken Thighs

Ingredients
3 chicken thighs 
About a tablespoon and a half of honey
2 tablespoons margarine
Teaspoon of olive oil
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of salt 

Directions 
Preheat the oven to 400˚.

In a small bowl, melt the honey, margarine and olive oil in the microwave.

On a plate or in a cake pan, mix together the parmesan, bread crumbs, powder and salt. 

Dip the thigh into the honey mixture, and then dip into the drop, making sure it’s completely covered in seasoning. 

Bake for about 40 minutes or until the top is crusted brown and the chicken is nice and juicy. 



Parmesan Crusted Asparagus 

Ingredients 
Bushel of Asparagus  
about 2 teaspoons olive oil 
freshly grated Parmesan cheese   
about a tablespoon of bread crumbs 
Pinch of salt and pepper

Directions 
(oven should already be preheated to 400˚.) 

Drizzle olive oil on top of the asparagus and toss around to fully coat 

Sprinkle breadcrumbs to your preference and toss around to fully coat. Sprinkle the freshly grated Parmesan to your preference. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment